Duke-Gero VLC Participant Expectations
Welcome to the Duke Gero Vitural Learning Community, (VLC). Our VLC is a place to LEARN from content experts, CONNECT with colleagues, and CONTRIBUTE your knowledge, expertise and resources. The community is not intended to replace medical information, and should not be relied upon for medical advice.
We invite you to participate in the discussion forums and provide feedback and comments to those posting blogs. In order to keep the Duke Gero VLC a welcoming place, we've established a set of participant expectations. These are intended to help you make thoughtful decisions about what and how you post so everyone feels that they are being treated with courtesy and respect. Please take a few moments to review the following participant expectations for all members of the VLC. By contributing to the Duke Gero-VLC, you acknowledge and accept these expectations. Violating the participant expectations may result in your account being suspended or deleted.
- Be respectful of the opinions and experiences of others.
- Be professional. Profanity and vulgarity have no place in the VLC.
- Remember that the forums, blogs, and comments are public and accessible by anyone. Keep personal details such as your address, telephone number, etc. private. Use your judgment when sharing identifying information with others.
- Use common sense when receiving advice from other members. Information may not be accurate, or apply to your situation.
- Stay on topic. If you have something unrelated to say, start a new discussion topic.
- Support your opinions with facts, whenever possible.
- Report abusive or offensive posts. VLC members like you help keep the forums enjoyable for everyone.
- Ask for help if you need it. Duke Gero VLC moderators are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can start by posting a question in the Help Using the VLC Discussion Forum.
- Do not post comments that can be construed as advertising or "spam." This includes selling a product, asking for a job, or posting links to other web sites.
- Do not send unsolicited bulk communications such as "spam."
- Do not Steal others' words and post them as your own, especially copyrighted material.
- Do not post anything illegal.
As a member, you can help the Duke Gero VLC by reporting any violations of the above. Please don't ignore them. We will take appropriate action including, but not limited to, removal of content, suspension of posting privileges and/or cancellation of member accounts. Those who report abuse will always remain anonymous. Once again, we welcome you to learn, connect and contribute to the Duke Gero VLC. If you have questions or concerns at any time, please contact our moderator, at email@example.com